7 Ways To Be A Greener Pet Parent and Help The Planet This Earth Day
There is so much to celebrate about our beautiful planet. Let's take today (and every day) to reflect on its beauty and how we can help maintain it for future generations. Check out our favorite things pet owners can do to go green and help the planet this Earth Day.
1. Recycle: Most packaging is recyclable, including Fidobiotics cardboard boxes and plastic bottles.
2. Donate: Donate towels, bedding, sheets, crates, food, pet meds to your local animal shelter.
3. Natural Pet Health: Don’t use pharmaceuticals when a natural remedy will do, like our all-natural supplements that support your pet’s full body health.
4. Shop Small: Support small eco-friendly pet companies that use renewable resources like hemp AND that avoid using GMO’s that are polluted with pesticides. Fidobiotics only uses ingredients that are 100% non-GMO and we LOVE hemp and other sustainable resources!
5. Be a Greener Pooper Picker Upper: Go green with your poop bags. We like Poop Bags which are made with renewable resources such as corn, vegetable oils, and plant starches.
For kitties: When cleaning the litter box, try lining a box with a plastic bag and then emptying straight into the garbage can. If you keep the liner for next time there is no plastic waste.
6. Conserve Water: Water your plants with your pets’ old water.
7. Spay and Neuter Your Pets
Consider that millions of pets are euthanized each year because of pet overpopulation AND those that get rescued all have a carbon ‘paw’ print!
We have no Planet B and it is up to all of us to help reduce our pets' impact on the planet. We at Fidobiotics thank you for your efforts to go green with your dogs and cats.